Law Libraries Section
Division: Library Types
This Section aims at bringing together representatives of different types of law libraries: court libraries, corporate law libraries, law school libraries etc.
As an international policy forum for all law librarians, the Section on Law Libraries:
- promotes understanding and cooperation among law libraries, and increases awareness of the value and importance of law libraries to the world;
- encourages growth in the development of new law libraries, with a particular focus on emerging nations;
- fosters the profession of law librarianship and legal research competencies worldwide;
- develops professional standards and practices;
- and provides leadership in the field of legal information policy, recognizing that equitable and permanent public access to authentic legal information is a necessary requirement for a just and democratic society worldwide.
Last update: 12 November 2015