Benefits of IFLA Membership
Why Join IFLA?
Because you can...
- define your profession
- decide what's on the agenda, globally
- make a definite difference
- keep up-to-date
- help others & help yourself (reciprocal benefit)
- network and collaborate
IFLA is the global voice of libraries, information centres and information professionals worldwide.
It is the main platform for formulating goals, exerting influence as a group, protecting interests, and finding solutions to global problems. IFLA offers you an international network to exchange ideas and to promote international cooperation, research and development in all fields.
IFLA depends on the cooperation and active involvement of its members to reach its goals.
Advantages of being an IFLA member:
- Extend and sustain your professional network at an international level
- Think strategically: decide what will be on the political agenda by using your voting rights
- Be active in one of IFLA's working groups and help developing standards and guidelines; take part in meetings, seminars and workshops, discuss important issues with your colleagues from all over the world and exchange information on the topics you work on
- Get a discount on IFLA's annual conference and on various IFLA publications
- Receive a copy of IFLA's Annual Report for free
- Get a subscription on IFLA Journal for free
- Receive the newsletters of the Sections to which you are registered for free
- As an IFLA member, you are not required to pay the 10% non-member surcharge on IFLA ILL vouchers
Questions? Please contact the IFLA membership team
Last update: 13 May 2014