International Standard Bibliographic Description
by IFLA Cataloguing Section and ISBD Review Group
Publisher: De Gruyter Saur
The consolidated edition of the International Standard Bibliographic Description (ISBD) was published by De Gruyter Saur in July 2011.
The consolidated edition merges the texts of the seven specialized ISBDs (for books, maps, serials, sound recordings, computer files and other electronic resources, etc.) into a single text.
The ISBD is useful and applicable for descriptions of bibliographic resources in any type of catalogue. In this edition the stipulations for cataloguing the various resources have been made more consistent with each other and brought up to date. The new area 0 for content form and media type is included for the first time. The designation of mandatory ISBD elements has been brought into conformity with the requirements for a basic level national bibliographic record as determined by the Functional Requirements for Bibliographic Records (FRBR).
ISBD : International standard bibliographic description / recommended by the ISBD Review Group ; approved by the Standing Committee of the IFLA Cataloguing Section. — Consolidated ed. — Berlin ; München : De Gruyter Saur, 2011. — xvii, 284 p. ; 25 cm. — (IFLA series on bibliographic control ; vol. 44). — ISBN 978-3-11-026379-4
ISBD : International standard bibliographic description / recommended by the ISBD Review Group ; approved by the Standing Committee of the IFLA Cataloguing Section. — Preliminary consolidated ed. — München : Saur, 2007. — 1 v. ; 31 cm. — (IFLA series on bibliographic control ; vol. 31). — ISBN 978-3-59-824280-9
- ISBD element set in the IFLA namespaces
- Area 0: Content Form and Media Type Area
- Full ISBD Examples
- Guidelines for the application of the ISBDs to the description of component parts
- Alignment of the ISBD: International Standard Bibliographic Description element set with RDA: Resource Description & Access element set. Version 3.1, 17 February 2015 (Previous version 1.1 2012 + Discussion paper)
- Resource (ISBD) and Work, Expression, Manifestation, Item (FRBRer) semantic relationship
- Alignment of ISBD with RDA and REICAT
- ISBD Profile in RDA: Constructing Functionally Interoperable Core Records, December 2013
- ISBD Consolidated edition, March 2011
- Mapping of ISBD area 0 vocabularies to RDA/ONIX Framework vocabularies
- Mapping of RDA Content Types to ISBD Content Forms and Media Types
Last update: 27 July 2016