Internet Governance Forum
IFLA participates in the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) since 2008 with the aim of ensuring that libraries are visible and active in the debate on Internet governance.
At the IGF 2012 IFLA was represented by Stuart Hamilton (Director, Policy and Advocacy) and Andrea Beccalli (Manager, Projects). In addition, IFLA HQ staff was joined by one of the participants in the IFLA Leaders Programme, Irina Trushina from the National Library of Russia.
During the IGF 2012 IFLA representative attended several workshops. These were:
- Workshop 130 - Digital Inclusiona and Public Access to the Internet. Please see here for outcomes.
- Workshop 168 - Capacity building Initiatives for better economic and social inclusion of vulnerable people in the Information society. Please see here for outcomes.
- Workshop 146 - Intellectual property rights and the freedom to share: are the two compatible. Please see here for outcomes.
- Workshop 189 - Open Government Data for citizens, by citizens, about citizens? Please see here for outcomes.
- Beyond Access Issue Brief - Providing Internet Access Through Public Libraries: An Investment in Digital Inclusion and Twenty-First Century Skills
Letzte Aktualisierung: 7 Juli 2017