16 Dezember 2020
Apply for the 2021 IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award!
Win €3,000 towards purchasing new technology for your library organisation! The IFLA Section on Management and Marketing is partnering with PressReader in collaboration with the IFLA PressReader International Library Marketing Award for 2021.
Information on this award is available in the following languages:
The IFLA Section on Management and Marketing is partnering with PressReader in collaboration with the IFLA PressReader International Library Marketing Award for 2021.
The IFLA PressReader International Marketing Award is given to the library which best implements creative, results-oriented marketing projects or campaigns. Three finalists are selected based on innovative contributions to marketing in the library field.
This year, the first, second, and third place winners will receive funds towards the purchase of new technology for their library-related activities. Traditionally, winners receive support to attend and present at WLIC, however this year the winners are invited to present on best practices in marketing at virtual WLIC 2021. The award also honours the top 10 submissions with certificates of recognition.
As the world’s largest digital newspaper and magazine platform, PressReader facilitates IFLA recognition and support of creative, inspired, results-oriented marketing campaigns with special commendation to teams in developing countries. Individuals who submit their application by the deadline will receive an exclusive one-month gifted access to PressReader and access to the full catalogue of global newspapers and magazines on the PressReader app.
Winners will be announced in April 2021 and officially awarded at the IFLA WLIC Awards Ceremony at virtual WLIC 2021. Applications will be accepted from 10 December 2020 through 5 March 2021 at https://iflapressreader2021.org.
Objectives of the award
- Recognise the best library-related marketing projects from 2020
- Encourage marketing practices in the library community
- Provide opportunities for libraries to share marketing experience and expertise globally
- Any library or library organisation that markets libraries, library products or services is eligible to apply for the award
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages
- Applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer
- Applications must be submitted with supporting materials by 5 March 2021
- Present an original marketing strategy
- Answer each question on the application
- Explain the benefits of the strategy
- Provide a full description of the marketing strategy
- Utilise the marketing glossary definitions
- Summarise the strategy and its results
Library organisations are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applications will be judged on:
- A strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries regardless of the kind or amount of resources employed
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods
Applicants are encouraged to include marketing using digital resources:
- Electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories
- Web and digital libraries
- Information literacy
- New products and new services
Proposals are reviewed based on how well they meet the above criteria.
Other factors are:
- Clarity of planning and partnerships with external organisations
- Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time)
Members of the Award Jury are drawn from the membership of the IFLA Standing Committee on Management and Marketing:
Antoine Torrens-Montebello (France) Chair, Cindy Hill (USA), Nie Hua (China), Bonnie Mager (New Zealand), Ruth Ornholt (Norway), and Leslie Weir (Canada).
Award applications will be accepted from 4 December 2020 through 5 March 2021
PressReader is on a mission to improve the way people discover stories that matter to them. With offices in Vancouver, Dublin, and Manila, the company provides the largest all-you-can-read platform of newspapers and magazines where people can discover relevant and trusted content from anywhere in the world — publications such as The Wall Street Journal, La Vanguardia, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian, Newsweek, Forbes, Le Figaro, and Vanity Fair, to name just a few.