Content tagged trade agreements
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Access to Information for African Development: 10 Principles for the African Continental Free Trade Area
The negotiation of the Intellectual Property Protocol of the African Continental Free Trade Area offers an opportunity to shape laws across the continent to support education, research and...
Noticias - 1 Octubre 2020
- Brussels Declaration on Trade and the Internet for international trading systems reform (2016)
On 22 February 2016, IFLA co-signed the Brussels Declaration on Trade and the Internet in support of sustainable, transparent, accountable and democratic international trading systems. The...
Publicación - 12 Enero 2019
- Trade Deals Should Favour, not Restrict, Access to Knowledge
The work of libraries relies on the existence of a modern and complete set of exceptions and limitations to copyright. While national legislation is usually the responsibility of national...
Noticias - 27 Noviembre 2017
- What’s the Deal? Trade, Copyright and Libraries Discussed at WTO Public Forum
Despite political criticisms, trade-based globalisation is an unavoidable part of modern economies and society. As countries have sought to facilitate exchanges of goods and services,...
Noticias - 7 Octubre 2016
- Trade and Access to Knowledge: Discussing Trends and Scenarios at the WTO Public Forum
Exceptions and limitations have been a key part of the international copyright system since its inception, protecting and promoting the goals of education and innovation. Twice a year, at...
Noticias - 22 Septiembre 2016
- WTO Public Forum 2016
Under the theme Inclusive Trade, the World Trade Organization Public Forum will be an opportunity to discuss how a wider range of individuals and businesses can participate in the trading system...
Evento - 30 Agosto 2016