17 Diciembre 2013
Call for Papers School Libraries Section - School Libraries on the agenda: Advocacy initiatives from around the World
Topics of interest for this call for papers -
The School Libraries Section invites submission of proposals for papers (including case studies) about school library advocacy initiatives. The papers will be presented at a two-hour session in Lyon; the language of the session will be English.
Proposals might address one of the topics suggested, but are not limited to these topics:
- Establishment of a new school library association
- Collaboration to change school library legislation
- Development of a school library network
- Government initiatives for school library development
- Using data to inform school library advocacy efforts
- Communicating with stakeholders and/or decision-makers
- Development of an advocacy purpose and strategies for action
3 February 2014: Deadline for submission of proposals
3 March 2014: Notification of acceptance
19 May 2014: Deadline for submission of full text of the paper
Complete information about the call for papers is available on the IFLA WLIC 2014 website.
Submissions are also invited for the IFLA Satellite Meeting in Paris, France on August 23, 2014
Theme: 15 to 20 year olds reading across the world: Why? Where? How?
Date: August 23, 2014, associated to the 80th Annual IFLA conference in Lyon (August 16-22, 2014)
Venue: Bibliothèque Nationale de France (the National Library of France), Paris, France
Organizers: Libraries for Children and Young Adults Section with School Libraries Section.
Complete information about the call for papers is available on the IFLA website.