19 Agosto 2014
WLIC 2014: Session "Government Libraries as Knowledge Platforms"
Come and join us in the morning of 21 August in the session entitled "Government Libraries as Knowledge Platforms for Citizen Engagement". Sponsored by IFLA Sections Government Libraries and Government Information and Official Publications, the session aims to address the ways that government libraries and information services are putting in place projects where information and knowledge can be systematized and shared, contributing to solving particular public issues.
List of speakers:
- Developing an Open Access Digital Repository (OADR) of official and government publications of Indian citizens / SUNIL GORIA (G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, India) and SANJAY K BIHANI (Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi, India)
- Digital repository of government publications for effective implementation of e-Governance using DSpace / MANOJ KULKARNI (Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration - YASHADA, Pune, India), KISHOR RAMDAS INGLE (Tata Consultancy Services, Pune, India) and VIJAYKUMAR JAGTAP (Directorate of Libraries Government of Maharashtra, India)
- An electronic document repository of internally generated knowledge: A case of Bank of Uganda Knowledge Management Centre / FELIX R. NSIIMOOMWE (Bank of Uganda, Uganda)
- Putting a roof over their heads – the development of an electronic submission, storage and delivery system for government documents / JOHN MCDONOUGH (Houses of the Oireachtas - Irish Parliament, Ireland)
- The Philippines’ first Science Digital Library / RAYMUND E. LIBORO and LOUISE IAN T. DE LOS REYES (Science Technology Information Institute, Philippines)
- Russian libraries as information and knowledge platforms for citizen engagement / EMMA VOSKANYAN
The session will allow for the audience to get actively involved. After a first set of shorts presentations, the audience will be invited to take part in table discussions built around digitization and digital libraries in government units.
More information at the official conference page.