12 Marzo 2019
Notice of IFLA WLIC 2019 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
IFLA is pleased to announce that the 2019 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2019, 85th IFLA General Conference and Assembly, at the Megaron Athens International Conference Centre in Athens, Greece.
The General Assembly is the annual general meeting of IFLA Members. At this meeting, the President, Treasurer, and Secretary General will report on IFLA's annual activities and strategic directions. The General Assembly is the highest governance level of the Federation and its key function is to determine the purposes and values of the Federation as a whole.
IFLA Members may propose items to be added in the Agenda (See IFLA Statutes, Art. 9.5*). Proposals may be sent by email email@example.com or FAX +31 70 3834827 by 28 May 2019.
The draft Agenda for the General Assembly can be found below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be sent to Members in June 2019.
Wednesday, 28 August 2019, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Minutes of the previous meeting, held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 28 and 29 August 2018
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of IFLA’s Annual Report by the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Postal Ballot for the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
11.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2020
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
11.2 Motion to approve Membership fees 2019-2021
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 29 August 2019
Thursday, 29 August 2019, 16.15–17.30
- Closing Session
- Address by the President Glòria Pérez-Salmerón
- Presentation of Awards
- Thanks to the outgoing Governing Board
- Introduction of the new Governing Board
- Announcement of WLIC 2021 location
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2019
- Invitation to WLIC 2020 in Auckland, New Zealand
- Address by incoming President Christine Mackenzie
- Close of the Assembly
*For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes, Article 9 Convening of General Assemblies.
IFLA Secretary General
The Hague, Netherlands
12 March 2019