6 Noviembre 2014
Call for papers: IFLA WLIC 2015 Satellite Meeting
LIS Education in Developing Countries Special Interest Group in cooperation with Library and Information Studies Center, University of Cape Town are organizing a one-day satelllite meeting in Cape Town, South Africa on 12 August 2015.
We invite you to submit a proposal for the meeting.
Theme: Harmonization of LIS Education in Developing Countries: Strategy and Leadership
The main objectives of the satellite meeting are:
- Development of LIS Education in Developing Countries
- Strengthening collaboration and networking among LIS Education in developing countries
- Developing strategies and leaders of LIS education in developing countries
Format of the satellite meeting:
The satellite meeting will feature high-level LIS educators from Africa, Asia Oceania, Latin America and the Caribbean and colleagues from other parts of the world.
Papers will focus on:
- LIS education program development
- The state of LIS education in Africa, Asia Oceania, and Latin America and the Caribbean
- Developing Standards for LIS education in developing countries
- Course content
- Levels of education
See the full call for papers on the WLIC 2015 website.