2 Mayo 2019
Call for Applications: IFLA Journal Editor
IFLA Journal is an international journal, publishing peer reviewed articles on library and information services and the social, political and economic issues that impact access to information through libraries. The Journal publishes research, case studies and essays that reflect the broad spectrum of the profession internationally. The IFLA Journal is published four times per year by SAGE.
The Journal is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Editor.
The Editor will:
- Act as the main editorial contact to the Publisher for the IFLA Journal;
- Commission and receive articles, and edit issues of the IFLA Journal in collaboration with article authors and IFLA;
- Submit articles and issues to the Publisher using SAGE Track. Editor will receive training on SAGE Track;
- Coordinate the peer review process and briefing of reviewers on their responsibilities;
- Contribute an editorial for each issue;
- Coordinate translation of abstracts into the official IFLA languages;
- Provide leadership on the Journal’s purpose and standing, along with the Chair of the Editorial Committee of the Journal;
- Liaise with the IFLA Journal Editorial Committee and serve as an ex-officio member of this Committee; the IFLA Professional Committee; and the IFLA Governing Board representative; on the content of issues to ensure these are in line with IFLA’s strategic direction for publishing.
The Editor will be appointed on a five-year contract basis, for approximately 40 hours per month. The Editor may be required to participate in the IFLA Annual Congress and other events where necessary to commission content. Participation will be agreed on a case by case basis.
Candidates for the position of Editor should meet the following selection criteria:
- Excellent understanding of the major issues influencing library services and practice in the global environment;
- High standing in the Library and Information Science field as a practitioner or researcher;
- Vision for the future of the Journal that will serve to increase its standing in the field;
- Excellent research and professional writing skills and expertise, and the ability to critique research writing;
- Strong understanding of scholarly publishing, including metrics and initiatives such as Open Access;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and responsive, accurate written communication skills. As the Journal is published in English, a high standard of written English is required.
To submit an expression of interest, please submit a statement addressing the selection criteria and a full CV including previous editorial positions, research, and publications.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 30 May 2019.
If you have questions about this call for expressions of interest, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.