7 Enero 2020
Call for Papers - Law Libraries joint with Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) Advisory Committee
Call for Papers — Open Sessions
Law Libraries joint with Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) Advisory Committee
Theme: "Libraries and Public Rights to the Law: International Perspectives on Barriers to Free Legal Information"
The IFLA Law Libraries Section and the Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) Advisory Committee is seeking proposals for papers to be presented at a session to be held at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Dublin, Ireland 15-21 August, 2020.
We invite papers that:
- Discuss how libraries have encountered restrictions on access to legal information, including how libraries have responded to these restrictions to make law more accessible for their users.
- Discuss the role of libraries/librarians in advocating for access to the law, including successful advocacy efforts in any country to expand access to the law.
- Discuss perspectives or offers expertise outside of a North American perspective.
Papers should reflect the conference theme, “Inspire, Engage, Enable, Connect”.
Language of the session:
Papers should be in one of the seven IFLA’s official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Russian and Spanish,
however, abstracts should be in English. The Presentation for this session must be done in English, as no interpretation services will be available for this session.
Important dates and submission guidelines
Deadline to submit proposals/abstracts: 21 February 2020
Proposals should include:
– Title of proposed presentation
– Abstract of proposed paper (no more than 300 words)
– Name of presenter plus position and/or title
– Employer / affiliated institution
– Contact information including e-mail address, telephone number
– Short biographical statement of presenter
Send proposals via email to:
13 March 2020: Proposals will be reviewed and successful candidates will be notified.
29 May 2020: Deadline for selected presenters to submit formal paper to coordinator (for inclusion on the IFLA conference website and the Section’s website). Details regarding the format and length of the final paper will be sent to candidates whose abstracts are accepted.
All proposals must be received by 21 February 2020.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Dublin. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
The paper must be an original submission not presented or published elsewhere. All papers that are presented at the WLIC 2020 will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Apply for Grants & Awards webpage.