IFLA Guidelines for Continuing Professional Development: Principles and Best Practices
The IFLA Guidelines for Continuing Professional Development: Principles and Best Practices have been prepared by the Section for Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning (CPDWL) Section.
This document, published in 2016, underscores the fact that the future of the LIS profession depends on ongoing learning and professional development. The specific roles and responsibilities of individuals and institutions are highlighted:
- The learner
- The employer
- Professional associations and other bodies involved in library development
- Library & Information Science degree-granting programmes
- Training providers.
The Guidelines are available as:
- The full document in English and translated into other languages
- The summary document in English and translated into other languages
- Posters in English and translated into other other languages.
The CPDWL Standing Committee welcomes further translations of the Guidelines. Please contact Gill Hallam (email@example.com) if you would like further information.
CPD Guidelines: full document
- Svenska (Swedish)
CPD Guidelines: executive summary
- Español (Spanish)
- Français (French)
- Deutsch (German)
- Русский (Russian)
- العربية (Arabic)
- 中文 (Chinese)
The CPD Guidelines poster has been translated into multiple languages.
Superseded: 2006 edition of the CPD Guidelines
Última actualización: 24 Marzo 2020