Management & Marketing Action Plan 2018-2019
Our Action Plan outlines the key objectives for our Section in the upcoming year. Take a look at our News feed to read updates on our progress.
A report on these activities will be made available in the 2018 - 2019 Annual Report.
If you have questions about our work, suggestions about what you would like us to work on, or you would like to help us, please contact one of the members of the Standing Committee.
Promote the importance of marketing for libraries and present model programs to help librarians understand how to do it.
- This relates to the Key Initiative Capacity Building, stimulating libraries to consider marketing as an important function and providing models through the awards program which recognizes and promotes successful programs. We consider “Capacity Building” to include improving library functions and enhancing staff perspectives and skills that will result in better functioning libraries and strengthening their role in their communities.
Administer the International Market Award for 2019 and evaluate its long-term success.
- Work with IFLA, Committee members and the new sponsor, PressReader, to raise the profile of the award, resulting in more submissions and higher profiles for winners and their best practices.
- Develop new infrastructure to support the submission and selection process (Infrastructure used previously was sponsored by Jury chair (Silvère Mercier) institution and is no longer available and so must be replaced).
- Document and update the Jury roles, responsibilities, and processes.
- Evaluate the impact annually on recipients and track impact over longer-term to demonstrate whether libraries are developing long-term capacities and provide best practices to the Library community at large.
General networking, informing the IFLA network about professional issues not mentioned in Kis, sharing best practice.
- This relates to capacity building by partnering with other IFLA units to hold satellite meetings and open sessions at congresses to share information about management issues and marketing practices.
Keep up committee momentum and promote M&M with local librarians at Midterm meeting.
- This not only improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the committee work, but provides an opportunity to network with librarians in local communities who may not be able to attend IFLA meetings.
Develop a communications plan to better inform all section members, increase section membership and support the global library community in using best practices in Management and Marketing.
- Providing more effective communication with the global library community, section members and Committee members to development and increase the understanding of management and marketing best practices, educating on the opportunities (and risks in not using best practice) in management and marketing.
Última actualización: 2 Agosto 2019