About the Law Libraries Section
This Section aims at bringing together representatives of different types of law libraries: court libraries, corporate law libraries, law school libraries etc.
As an international policy forum for all law librarians, the Section on Law Libraries:
- promotes understanding and cooperation among law libraries, and increases awareness of the value and importance of law libraries to the world;
- encourages growth in the development of new law libraries, with a particular focus on emerging nations;
- fosters the profession of law librarianship and legal research competencies worldwide;
- develops professional standards and practices;
- and provides leadership in the field of legal information policy, recognizing that equitable and permanent public access to authentic legal information is a necessary requirement for a just and democratic society worldwide.
LAW-L: IFLA Law Libraries Section Mailing list is an electronic forum intented to foster communication between members of the IFLA Law Libraries Section, the international legal information community and IFLA. The goal in establishing this list is to facilitate information exchange as well as professionnal communication and development within the IFLA community.
Dernière mise à jour: 9 octobre 2015