18 Mai 2017
Announcing an international conference: “Cultural Heritage in Latin American and Caribbean Libraries: challenges and perspectives”
The Conference aims to deepen discussion and debate about cultural-heritage in libraries of this region. It is crucial to strengthen national and institutional policies for the development of these bibliographical collections, ensuring access for all.
- Identification of cultural heritage in Latin American and the Caribbean libraries.
- Strategies for the preservation of and access to cultural heritage in Latin America and the
- Caribbean: digitalization and cultural education.
- Criteria for the conservation and restoration of special collections.
- Professional training and education: recognizing regional and international cultural
- Research on special collections: different approaches (the librarian, the archivist, the
- musicologist, the historian).
- Legislation on the protection of cultural heritage in library collections.
- Cultural Heritage at risk.