25 Mai 2018
SIG Reviews 2019
IFLA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are reviewed every four years. Due to the discussion about Dynamic Units during 2016 - 2017, the Professional Committee proposed to postpone the 2017 reviews to 2018. These are therefore starting ready for a final decision by the Professional Committee in August 2018.
Reviews of the Special Interest Groups set up in 2009 and 2013 will therefore be carried out during 2018 using a new SIG review process.
The following SIGs will be reviewed using this new process in 2018:
- Agricultural Libraries
- National Organizations and International Relations (NOIR)
- Environmental Sustainability and Libraries (ENSULIB)
- Library History
- New Professionals
- Women, Information and Libraries
- LIS Education in Developing Countries
- ATINA: Access to Information Network – Africa.
- Religions, Libraries and Dialogue
- LGBTQ Users.
The timeline for reviewing the SIGs in 2018 is:
31 July 2018
Division Chair to submit report to Professional Committee (further details).
23 August 2018
Professional Committee to make decision.