13 Mars 2015
Notice of IFLA 2015 General Assembly and Call for Agenda Items
The IFLA 2015 General Assembly will be held during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2015, 81st IFLA General Conference and Assembly, in the Cape Town International Convention Centre, on Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 August 2015.
IFLA Members may propose items for inclusion in the agenda (Statutes, Art. 9.5). These must reach the IFLA Secretariat by 20 May 2015. Please send proposals by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax +31 70 3834827.
The draft Agenda is provided below. The Convening Notice for the Assembly will be forwarded to Members in June 2015.
Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 16.15–18.00
- Opening by the President, Sinikka Sipilä
- Appointment of Tellers
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Draft minutes of the previous meeting, held in Lyon, 20–21 August 2014
- In memoriam of those members who have died during the past year
- Presentation of the Report of the President
- Presentation of the Report of the Secretary General
- Presentation of the Annual Accounts by the Treasurer
- Formal announcement of the Results of the Postal Ballot for the Election of President-elect and for places on the Governing Board by the Secretary General
Motions and Resolutions
11.1 Motion to approve the holding of the next General Assembly in August 2016
(Art 8.2 of the Statutes refers)
- Motion to adjourn and reconvene at 16.15 on Thursday, 20 August 2015
Thursday, 20 August 2015, 16.15–17.30
- Address by the President
- Presentation of Awards
- Thanks to the outgoing Governing Board
- Introduction of the new Governing Board
- Invitation to WLIC 2016 in Columbus, United States of America
- Announcement of WLIC 2017 location
- Vote of thanks WLIC 2015
- Address by incoming President Donna Scheeder
- Close of the Assembly
For details on the conduct of the General Assembly, please refer to the IFLA Statutes.