Rare Books and Special Collections Action Plan 2015-2016
Our Action Plan outlines the key objectives for our Section in the upcoming year. Take a look at our News feed to read updates on our progress.
A report on these activities will be made available in the 2015 - 2016 Annual Report, available around the end of the year in 2016.
If you have questions about our work, suggestions about what you would like us to work on, or you would like to help us, please contact one of the members of the Standing Committee.
Project/Activity outcomes are linked to relevant webpages.
To increase the visibility of special collections and to increase the attention of libraries to their special collections
- Produce a Section response to the Lyon Declaration On Access to Information and Development
To encourage networking for special collections and associations around the world
- Launch a section blog
- Engage local and regional professionals with mid-term and summer meetings
To promote attention to the bibliographical heritage of the world, this year in particular focusing on the recording of rare materials and how information is shared across countries, standards and systems
- Co-sponsor ‘RDA and Rare Materials’ seminar in Edinburgh, 06/11/15;
- Organise seminar on cataloguing at the National Library of Lisbon as part of mid-term meeting programme, 22-24/02/15;
- organise satellite conference in Chicago, August 2016
- organise conference session for WLIC 2016
To help specialists face new problems and adapt to the evolution of the profession
- Produce competencies for Rare Books and Special Collections Librarians
Dernière mise à jour: 29 avril 2016