About the Bibliography Section
The Section on Bibliography is primarily concerned with the content, arrangement, production, dissemination and preservation of bibliographic information, especially (but not exclusively) where these pertain to national bibliographic services. It is also concerned with the promotion of the importance of the discipline of bibliography to library professionals in all types of library (not just national libraries), to publishers, distributors and retailers and also to end-users. Whilst taking full account of technological possibilities, the Section is aware that such developments are not yet available in some areas of the world, and it will ensure that its solutions are not necessarily dependent on particular technologies.
The Section is closely associated, where appropriate, not only with the other Sections within the Division of Library Services but also with the Section of National Libraries.
- Submissions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web interface: http://infoserv.inist.fr/wwsympa.fcgi/info/bibmail
- Administrator: Anke Meyer-Heß
- Submissions: email@example.com
- Web interface: http://infoserv.inist.fr/wwsympa.fcgi/info/bib-sc
- Administrators: Neil Wilson and Anke Meyer-Heß
Bibliography Section's Standing Committee mailing list
Last update: 9 October 2015