Call for Papers for WLIC 2022 Dublin about “Metadata quality”
30 يونيو 2022
The IFLA Cataloguing section is seeking proposals for papers to be discussed at its Open Session at the IFLA World Library and Information Congress 2022 in Dublin, Ireland.
Theme : Quality control for metadata : what does it mean?
The session aims to refine the concept of metadata quality in the current environment of scarce resources to handle a deluge of data. The idea of metadata quality can cover many aspects, for instance: completeness, accuracy, provenance, conformance to expectations, logical consistency and coherence, timeliness, and accessibility. Therefore, the session is focused on the following questions: What does quality means from a cost-efficiency perspective? What data quality operations better match the user needs? Our aim is to help cataloguers and policymakers to think about metadata quality from a broader perspective, and the papers will help to set the framework for a panel discussion in the open session.
We would like to invite papers particularly, but not exclusively, on the following sub-themes:
- Examples of formalized quality policies and how to apply them?
- What kind of tools for managing quality control ?
- How to measure quality? What kind of criteria can be used?
- What would be the impact of quality policy in terms of cost efficiency? What would be the cost of a quality policy itself?
- To what extent does quality control have impact on cataloguing processes and on the cataloguers’ work?
- To what extent does quality control have impact on external exchanges and dataflows?
- To what extent can IFLA standards and international identifiers be used to ensure quality?
The open session (75 min) will be conducted in the form of a panel discussion. Each speaker will be given 7 minutes to summarize its paper. The session moderator will then lead the discussion among speakers and questions and remarks will be taken from the audience. The working language of the open session is English.
See the full call for papers, which includes additional information and submission requirements, on the IFLA WLIC 2022 website.