Job opportunity: Programme Manager
17 أكتوبر 2021
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for a Programme Manager. Knowledge Rights 21 – 21st Century Access to Education and Research – is a programme run by Stichting IFLA Foundation, and bringing together library organisations working across Europe, supported by the Arcadia Foundation.
It is focused on building lasting capacity to modernise policies and practices around copyright, in particular in the area of eLending, promoting open norms, protecting copyright exceptions against contract override, secondary publishing rights, and rights retention.
Through this, it aims to deliver progress, in the short and longer term, that enables learners, students, researchers and other library users to realise the potential of technology to deliver education research and cultural participation. At the heart of the programme is the development of tools, skills and other support for advocacy by networks of libraries and related groups, at both the European and national levels
IFLA Headquarters is located in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in The Netherlands. Due to COVID-19 regulations, the successful candidate will work remotely or from home until further notice.
Applicants who wish to work remotely once COVID restrictions have been lifted will be considered, but should be willing and able to travel to the Hague on a regular basis in order to work with other Programme staff.
Key tasks and areas of responsibility
The Programme Manager is the senior staff member responsible to the Programme’s Committees for overall delivery of the Programme, steering and coordinating the Programme and its management processes, such as risk and issue management, in accordance with the Programme Definition. They direct, facilitate and advise. They work closely with the Network Coordinator & the person overseeing the communications responsibilities (coordinating their work on a day-to-day basis), and report to the Management and Policy Committees on matters within their respective remits.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to-day operation of the Programme including liaising with participating organisations and day-to-day coordination of work package contractors and activity managers on a regular basis to ensure alignment and timely achievement of targets with regular reporting to the relevant Committees.
- Support the work of the Management Committee and the Policy Committee in their roles
- Prepare reporting to Arcadia, concerning important updates and annual reporting obligations
- Reports to the Management Committee and, where appropriate, to the Policy Committee
- Coordinates the work of the Network Coordinator & Communications activities on a day-to-day basis
- Supports Programme meetings (with assistance from the Network Coordinator), including minute taking, reporting, and financial management.
- Oversee and report on budget on a day-to-day basis
- Essential: Experience in complex Programme and Project management experience. Desirable: Managing Succesful Programmes (MSP)
- Essential: Experience of working with committees and different organisations
- Essential: High standards of organisation and management
- Essential: Familiarity with the issues covered by the Programme
- Essential: Good office and financial management skills – competence in using office software, budgeting and record keeping
- Essential: Strong interpersonal, communication and advocacy skills
- Essential: Fluent written and spoken English. Desirable: Competence in one or more other European languages.
- Desirable: experience of working (formally or informally) with libraries, archives or museums or organisations in the field of digital knowledge.
- Expected: 2 days per week/104 days per annum
The position is part-time: 2 days per week / 104 days per annum. The gross monthly salary offered will be EUR1,663.20 (€1,663.20) per month (PT-% – 40%) in line with the Collective agreement of Public Libraries in The Netherlands. You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), and an end of year bonus. You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 11 October 2021, 12:00 CEST. Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to email@example.com using “Programme Manager” in the subject line. Only candidates with valid documentation to work in The Netherlands will be considered (please indicate on your application how you are able to work in the Netherlands).
NOTE: We will be happy to consider candidates who wish to apply jointly for both the Programme Manager and Network Coordinator roles advertised on our website.