Satellite Meeting in Tampere, Finland
The Road to Information Literacy: Librarians as Facilitators of Learning
8 – 10 August 2012
Further information: satellite meeting website
Sponsors: IFLA's Continuing Professional Education and
Workplace Learning and Information Literacy Sections
- Strategies for designing and implementing a professional development information literacy program for librarians.
- To help them become effective information literacy guides for their community
- To foster their own conceptual understandings and practical applications of information literacy in their work
- What works best in institutionalizing information literacy in workplace training programs?
- How do we sell information literacy as a necessary practice to librarians and administrators?
- What tools and resources are needed to support information literacy development for librarians?
- What information literacy standards and competencies should be incorporated into a staff development program?
- The role of library associations and library education programs in preparing librarians for information literacy and education roles.
Last update: 4 October 2012