Webinar: Curious, confident and committed: transforming libraries into learning organisations
The presentation will discuss ways leaders and managers can use to foster a culture of learning in their library. Using examples from university libraries in Australia, Clare Thorpe will present strategies that encourage staff and teams to engage in learning as part of their everyday work.
Clare Thorpe is an award-winning library leader and practitioner-researcher who has worked in academic and state libraries since 2001. Clare is the Director, Library Services at Southern Cross University and a Director of the Australian Library and Information Association Board. She is passionate about engaging library and information workers in professional development and has a track record of fostering a culture of learning in the teams that she leads.
- Rajen Munoo, Head, Learning and Engagement, Singapore Management University Libraries
- Dr Gillian Hallam, freelance information professional based in Brisbane, Australia
- Welcome and Introductions [5 mins]
- Brief intro on the concept of the learning organisation [10 mins]
- Article Focus: Transforming a university library into a learning organisation by Clare Thorpe, Director, Southern Cross University Library [30 mins]
- Breakout rooms: Guiding Discussion Questions based on article [20 mins]
- Report Back [20 mins]
- Wrap Up [5 mins]
Three learning outcomes
By the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the library as a learning organisation
- Develop a deeper understanding of the IFLA Guidelines for CPD in the workplace
- Identify professional development opportunities in a digitalised workplace