Content tagged Sustainable Development Agenda
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- The Road to New York: Preparations Begin for the 2018 High Level Political Forum
In the first of five regional forums on the Sustainable Development Goals, the importance of access to information as a driver of progress was clear. Delegates from Europe and North America,...
News - 6 March 2018
- Sustainable, Resilient Communities: IFLA Submits Views for SDG 11 Position Paper
2018 will see a focus on Sustainable Development Goal 11 - Sustainable Cities and Communities - at the UN. This is an opportunity to share how successful libraries can be drivers of successful...
News - 28 February 2018
- Libraries Lead in the War on Information Poverty: IFLA Addresses UN Commission on Social Development
The sustainable development of our societies requires access to information for all, and libraries are essential to achieving this. Donna Scheeder (IFLA President, 2015-2017) underlined this point...
News - 31 January 2018
- UN Commission on Social Development
The 56th session of the United Nations Commission on Social Development is the main forum for looking at the social aspects of development policies across the board. With a specific focus on the...
Event - 25 January 2018
- Free webinar: Libraries, Advocacy and the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda
IFLA Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning and the New Professionals SIG with the Management of Library Associations Section have partnered with the American Library...
News - 29 November 2015
- WSIS Forum 2015: Continue to prioritize ICTs for Sustainable Development
IFLA attended the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2015, held in Geneva from 25–29 May. Intergovernmental groups, stakeholders and other key players attended the High-...
News - 3 June 2015