Content tagged WSIS
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- IFLA welcomes the Outcome Document of the WSIS+10 Review
The United Nations General Assembly approved the Outcome Document of the High Level Meeting of the General Assembly on the Overall Review of the Implementation of the WSIS Outcomes on the...
News - 17 December 2015
- What has been going on at the World Summit for the Information Society (WSIS)?
IFLA has been involved in the World Summit of the Information Society (WSIS) since its foundation at the 2003 Geneva Summit which defined the 11 Action Lines. This year we have continued our...
News - 9 November 2015
- WSIS Forum 2015: Continue to prioritize ICTs for Sustainable Development
IFLA attended the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum 2015, held in Geneva from 25–29 May. Intergovernmental groups, stakeholders and other key players attended the High-...
News - 3 June 2015
- IFLA co-signs Statement on the occasion of the 18th session of the Commission on Science and Technology for Development
From 4 – 8 May 2015 the Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) is meeting in Geneva to comment on the assessment of the progress made in the implementation of and...
News - 7 May 2015
- IGF Bali 2013 - video and transcripts of IFLA sessions
During this years Internet Governance Forum (IGF), in Bali, Indonesia, IFLA particiapted in several workshops. The video links to these workshops can now be found online: Tuesday 22...
News - 1 November 2013
- Looking back on IFLA’s participation in the 8th Internet Governance Forum, Bali
Last week IFLA was represented at the 8th Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Bali, Indonesia, where the libraries’ perspective on intellectual property, free trade, access to information for...
News - 29 October 2013
- Day 2 at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2013
On Day 2 at IGF, IFLA participated in five workshops with topics spanning rights issues for disadvantaged and indigenous peoples, copyright and content creation and net neutrality. IFLA...
News - 24 October 2013
- Day 1 at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2013
Yesterday was day 1 at the Internet Governance Forum in Bali, Indonesia, and the librarians were out in force! This year, alongside representatives from IFLA over 40 librarians from the broader...
News - 23 October 2013
- Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries meeting at the 2013 IGF
The Dynamic Coalition on Public Access in Libraries (DC - PAL) will meet for the second time at the Internet Governance Forum in Bali on Wednesday 23rd October, 16.30 – 18.00...
News - 16 October 2013
- IFLA hosts workshop at World Summit on the Information Society
At the 2013 World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS), IFLA hosted a workshop on 'Public Access to the Internet and the role of Libraries as an agent of development...
News - 17 May 2013
- WSIS +10 Review Meeting
Report from the IFLA's panel on access to digital content "What Exactly am I Buying? Ownership vs Licensing in the Digital Age"
Informational Page - 28 February 2013
- Closing of the WSIS+10 Review Meeting
The WSIS+10 Review concluded on Wednesday, 27 February with a lively multi-stakeholder debate across a large number of panel sessions. All sessions were asked to produce recommendations to...
News - 28 February 2013
- Day Two at WSIS+10 Review Meeting and the IFLA panels
The 2nd day of the WSIS+10 review meeting at UNESCO HQ in Paris was held on the 26th of February. The extensive programme included sessions on topics ranging from freedom of expression,...
News - 27 February 2013
- Reports on the IGF and WSIS
This page summarieses the past IGFs and WSIS meetings from an IFLA perspective. World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS): First phase Geneva - 2003 Second phase...
Informational Page - 20 February 2013