Users and stakeholders – Libraries
- Purpose and value
- Scoping and selection
- Resource, description and standards
- Service delivery
- Glossary/Useful links
Key library functions that use metadata from national bibliographies include:
In addition, the following library groups and activities may also use national bibliographic metadata:
- Reference librarians – acting on behalf of end-users.
- Management of legal deposit activities – due to the close relationship between the national bibliographies and legal or voluntary deposit material.
- Preservation librarians – can use national bibliographic metadata to determine new trends in publishing and plan preservation procedures accordingly
- Digitisation management – national bibliographies can provide an overview of older materials that might be candidates for digitisation.