Some key protocols that can form the basis of a broader discussion:
- "Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Library and Information Resource Network [ATSILIRN] Protocols"
- American Library Association [ALA]. DRAFT "Principles. Librarianship and Traditional Cultural Expressions: Nurturing Understanding and Respect" 2009
- Assembly of Alaska Native Educators. "Guidelines for Respecting Cultural Knowledge" [PDF]
- "Mataatua Declaration on Cultural and Intellectual Property Rights of Indigenous People"
- National and State Libraries Australasia "National Policy Framework for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Library Services and Collections" [PDF]
- Society for American Archivists. "Protocols for Native American Archival Materials"
Last update: 24 March 2014