3 March 2011
Academic and Research Libraries Essay Contest 2011
The Academic and Research Libraries Section is offering THREE (3) free Registrations/Bursaries equivalent in the amount of € 425 each to an information professional from Africa, Latin America and the Asia/Pacific region to cover the registration/bursary expenses at the 2011 IFLA Conference, to be held 13. – 18. August 2011 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The conference theme is “Libraries beyond libraries: Integration, Innovation and Information for all”"
One free registration for a librarian from Africa, One free registration for a librarian from Latin America, and One free registration for a librarian from the Asia/Pacific region
Applicants must be able to attend the conference and will be responsible for all other costs associated with conference attendance. The Essay Contest only covers the expense of registration to the conference!
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain a visa for travel.
- Applicants must realize and declare they are able to fund any other costs not covered by the registration grant allocated to them.
- All other expenses for hotel and travel are NOT covered by the Registration/Bursary.
- The winners of the essay contest will cover their expenses to register to attend the 2011 IFLA Conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Prepare a written statement, in English or Spanish, of approximately 500 words.
- Please place your complete contact information on a separate page.
- Describe your general current and future interests and activities and specifics on why attending IFLA would benefit you. This should also include a reflection of the meaning of the theme of the conference for you.
Your essay must be received by March 15th, 2011.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS
Recipients will write a brief article (approximately 500 words) for publication in the December 2011 issue of the Academic and Research Libraries Newsletter on their conference experience.
- All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than May 1, 2011.
- All essays will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Please send your essay with your address, telephone number, and email address no later than Tuesday, March 15th, 2011 via attachment in email to:
Ane Landoy – firstname.lastname@example.org