25 July 2012
Helsinki Program - School Libraries and Resource Centers Section with Public Libraries Section
Session 118 - Friends or Foes — public and school libraries a force for change for creating smart communities - School Libraries and Resource Centers with Public Libraries
14 August 2012 09:30 - 12:45 | Room: Session Room 2 | SI
Congress track 3: Users driving access and services.
- Main factors behind the good PISA reading results in Finland PIRJO SINKO (Finnish National Board of Education, Helsinki, Finland)
- School and public libraries in France, the reasons of a cold relationship CLAUDE POISSENOT (University of Nancy, Nancy, France)
- The Norwegian School Library Program SIRI INGVALDSEN (University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway)
- Together for the future - Ritaharju Learning Centre PIRKKO LINDBERG and TUIJA POLO-KORET (Oulu City Library, Oulu, Finland)
- The Fouineur - a programme that supports academic success in the City of Repentigny CHANTAL BRODEUR (Réseau des bibliothèques de Repentigny, Repentigny, Quebec, Canada)
- Filling the blanks: articulations between public and school libraries to guarantee quality education in Argentina GRACIELA PERRONE, CAROLINA PINELA, SOLANA NOCETI, GUADALUPE GÓMEZ and PABLO GUERRA (National Teacher's Library (BNM), Argentina)
- A study on the cooperation between public libraries and elementary schools in Taiwan HAO-REN KE (Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan, China)
- Empowering people for life Vantaa-Windhoek co-operation project (Namibia) RITVA NYBERG (Vantaa City Library, Vantaa, Finland)
for links to conference papers, please visit the Sesson 118 webpage.