Library and Information Science Student Voices: Global Peer-to-Peer Dialogue Webinar
19 January 2023
Call for Applications: Library and Information Science Student Voices: Global Peer-to-Peer Dialogue
The IFLA Building Strong Library and Information Science Education Working Group (BSLISE) announces the webinar “Library and Information Science Student Voices: Global Peer-to-Peer Dialogue”. Its aim is to connect library and information science (LIS) students all over the world to communicate and discuss the present and future of the LIS field. The peer-to-peer exchange among LIS students creates a platform to highlight experiences, engage ideas and express opinions about LIS education and the profession – valuable insights for an evolving field and for their own professional future.
This event will be held online and free to everyone. The event’s format is a panel discussion.
We are interested in hearing about your experience in research, projects, advocacy and other activities in the LIS field.
How to apply for participation
Participants need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold current status as an LIS student (Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program).
- Have access to the Internet.
- Have a camera and microphone.
- Have English fluency.
- Have engaged in research, projects, advocacy and/or other activities of interest to the LIS global community.
If you are interested in participating in this event, please send a proposal stating:
- Name & contact information
- LIS program and institutional affiliation
- A recommendation from a faculty member at your institution
- Brief biographical statement and description of your LIS research, project, advocacy or other experience (max 300 words)
Send your application to IFLA Section on Education and Training firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted participants will receive a certificate from the IFLA BSLISE Working Group for participation at the webinar.
- Deadline for application is February 20, 2023
- The accepted participants will be notified by March 1, 2023
- The webinar is held on March 14, 2023 (Time will be confirmed depending on the time zones of the speakers).