The call for papers for our exciting Open Session at WLIC 2019 in Athens is now open – 15 February Deadline!
04 January 2019
The theme for the session is "Keeping it Real while Augmenting Reality: the Impact of Technology and Equipment on Library Design". We invite you to submit a proposal that explores related areas including:
- – Visionary approaches and innovative developments to library equipment and service projects;
- – The intersection of emerging technology and equipment, and library buildings;
- – Technologies that bridge physical and digital to expand service offerings or enhance the user experience;
- – Technology on a limited budget (i.e., innovation on a shoestring);
- – Use of virtual or augmented reality to expand service offerings;
- – Ways that technology makes the design process, buildings, and/or services more equitable or inclusive;
- – Technologies that impact operational efficiencies, staffing models, staff productivity, health and wellness;
- – Sustainable technologies and equipment;
- – Smart tools and equipment to update libraries as learning places.
For more information and for copies of the Call For Papers in other languages please see here.