20 January 2016
Call for papers: Cataloguing & IT Sections Open programme @ WLIC 2016 in Columbus (OH)
Theme: “Let´s make IT usable! Formats, systems and users”.
Date: 13-19 August 2016.
Venue: Columbus, Ohio, USA.
Deadline for proposals: 29 February 2016.
The session is focused on the use of IT to mediate the independent development of cataloguing rules, exchange formats, and cataloguing systems used in libraries, so that data based on these standards can satisfy user needs through interaction with related data produced in other communities such as archives, museums, and publishers.
Topics of interest:
- how IT systems can function as mediators between cataloguing rules, cataloguers, and the data they produce
- cooperation between the different library communities responsible for cataloguing rules, systems and bibliographic exchange formats, in service of user needs
- interactions between data produced by libraries and related data from other communities
- future requirements on cataloguing systems
- other aspects on data creation and curation.
More details on conference website: http://2016.ifla.org/cfp-calls/cataloguing-section-joint-with-information-technology-section.