9 November 2015
WLIC 2016 Call for papers: Health and Biosciences Libraries Open Session
The IFLA Health and Biosciences Libraries Section invites interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held in Columbus, Ohio, USA from 13-19 August 2016.
Theme: From action to impact: health information professionals connecting communities"
- The sub-themes will focus on the contribution of librarians/information professionals to:
- Research on health and related disciplines – especially research synthesis.
- Health research management (organising output, data management, bibliometrics, Open data/Big data).
- Health knowledge brokering/implementation of science/knowledge transfer and exchange.
- Areas, such as health literacy, where librarians are seeking a more prominent role.
- Public Access to Health Information (PAHI) at all ages including the elderly and school children.
Full details on the IFLA WLIC 2016 website.