On this page we will highlight preservation and conservation resources. You can send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) relevant resources.
IFLA's preservation survey results (2016)
To view the resources around preservation and conservation standards, guidelines and best practices (of digital and analogue materials) collected via a survey in 2016, please go here.
Connecting to Collections Care webinars
The Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC), with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), hosts the Connecting to Collections Care (C2CC) online community, with free resources intended to be especially helpful to small and mid-sized institutions. Below you can find a selection (made by the IFLA PAC Centre at the Library of Congress) of webinars useful for libraries in particular. An extensive list of all past webinars is available at the C2CC website.
- Archives -- Caring for Archives: Fundamentals for Everyone
- Collections Care -- Care of Paper, Photograph, and Audiovisual Collections
- Collections Care -- Question and Answer Session on Cold Storage for Photographic Materials
- Collections Care -- Care of Video Tape
- Emergency Management -- Exercising Your Disaster Response Plan
- Emergency Management -- Question and Answer Session on How Cultural Institutions Can Work with Emergency Responders for Preparedness and Response
- Environmental Management -- Wireless Environmental Monitoring: Is it for you?
- Funding -- Applying to NEH's Preservation Assistance Grants
- Funding -- Funding for Collections Care
- Moving Collections -- Objects on the Move: Packing and Transporting Collections
- Pest Management -- Identifying Museum Insect Pest Damage and Addressing it with Integrated Pest Management
Last update: 12 May 2020