General Data Protection Regulation: What Do the New EU Rules Mean for Libraries?
24 April 2018
The European Union's General Data Protection Regulation enters into force on 25 May, bringing with it significant changes in the rules around how personal data is collected, managed and used.
For libraries, which deal not only with their users' data, but also data held in their collections, the new rules - and the way in which they are implemented in Member States - there are potentially major implications for any library or library organisation working with data concerning EU citizens.
The webinar will be held at 12:00 Central European Time on 24 April 2018. Find out when this is in your timezone.
The webinar will offer:
- An overview of the Regulation
- A summary of the implications for libraries
- Examples of how some libraries are already dealing with this
- Ben White, Head of Intellectual Property, British Library
- Line Gry Høgstrup Slemming, Legal Advisor, Digital Cultural Heritage and Media, Danish Royal Library
Join the webinar on 24 April.
A recording will be available subsequently.
Last update: 17 April 2018