9 August 2018
Strategic Projects Manager
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for an experienced Strategic Projects Manager to join its dynamic team and global projects. Your responsibilities will include coordinating work in support of IFLA’s activities at the global, regional and national level. He / she will serve as a key link between IFLA leadership and staff in managing the overall project timelines for the development, review and implementation of a range of activities and services.
Over the next ten years, IFLA will transform public libraries, the library field and itself through concerted and coordinated efforts at the global, regional, and national level. While the ultimate benefit of this work will be seen at the local level through better library services – services helping more people gain literacy, find employment, improve their health, etc. – the effort will be aimed at specific changes in how libraries are led, assessed, and connected. IFLA is developing a new strategic framework to provide direction to these efforts. A key to their success will be the coordination of projects between IFLA, its organisational members, external partners and individual librarians around the world.
This position reports to the IFLA Secretary General and will work closely with him on the development and implementation of projects and activities.
IFLA Headquarters in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in the Netherlands.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of IFLA’s strategic projects and activities:
- will have an overall (bird's-eye) view of all new projects
- will work with IFLA staff to keep projects on track
- undertake all evaluation and reporting requirements
- Coordinating and aligning IFLA’s project work in the context of IFLA’s overall strategic direction
- Managing and coordinating external relations with IFLA’s project partners
- Development and liaison with additional partners in the field
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree plus at least 5 years of project management experience at senior level (coordination, delivery and implementation) gained in an NGO environment / membership organisation
- Knowledge / awareness of issues in the information environment and library profession at an international level
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and MS suite of products including project management tools
- Proven ability to manage competing timelines and priorities in a composed fashion
- Results oriented and strong reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Ability to build close working relationships with stakeholders in diverse locations and advocate on behalf of IFLA
- Experience with stakeholder management (up to Board level)
- A flexible and adaptable approach to change and ability to support others to respond in a similar way
- Proven ability to work as part of a team while providing strategic leadership and vision combined with innovative ideas
- Proficiency in one of the other official languages of IFLA (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Spanish)
The gross monthly salary offered will be € 4,299 per month in line with the Collective Agreement of Public Libraries in The Netherlands. You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), an end of year bonus and enjoy 25 days of holidays per year. You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 30 August 2018. Due to the high volume of applications we are expecting to receive, interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV including a motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to email@example.com.