IFLA Trend Report
Publish a Trend Report with the overall theme of “Access to digital information”, focusing on the global digital environment / information society in which libraries will operate. The Report will provide an overview of recent developments, emerging trends and key challenges for access to digital information, and propose how these may have an impact on libraries and their users. The longer term aim for the report is that it be able to be updated every 2 – 3 years.
In 2013 – 2014 priority will be given to:
- launching the Trend Report in print [summary] and electronic and interactive formats in August at the IFLA WLIC 2013 in Singapore;
- promoting the IFLA Trend Report to IFLA members, and encouraging members to take up Trend Report discussions in their own region;
- harnessing the outcomes of these discussions on the trends.ifla.org platform;
- monitoring information trend developments to update the Trend Report platform;
- capitalising on other events and forums to widely promote the Trend Report.
Last update: 17 September 2014