Key Initiative 2: International Leaders Programme
Capacity building to raise the voice of the profession nationally, regionally and internationally
This Initiative has two components:
1. The IFLA International Leaders Programme, designed to create opportunities, within a structured and appropriately resourced programme, for emerging leaders to participate in IFLA’s role in the international librarianship environment; the programme draws together existing and new opportunities, in partnership with IFLA’s professional units and external organisations;
In 2013 – 2014 priority will be given to:
- practical applications for the Leaders Associates projects;
- representation and advocacy opportunities for Leaders Associates;
- impact assessment and review of the Programme.
2. The Building Strong Library Associations Programme (BSLA) offers a strategic and coordinated approach to capacity building and sustainability of library associations. The programme benefits associations, libraries, and their communities.
In 2013 – 2015 priority will be given to:
- capacity building projects at the regional level and with the additional aim to cascade capacity building at national levels within the region through 3 year programmes;
- small projects designed by participants to generate innovation in association capacity building;
- expanding the BSLA online platform to support regional collaboration.
Last update: 1 October 2014