3 February 2019
Call for Papers "LIS Education Role in Libraries Dialogue for Change" for WLIC in Athens Greece Aug. 24-30
Theme: "LIS Education Role in Libraries Dialogue for Change"
The IFLA Education and Training Section invite interested professionals to submit proposals for the open session to be held in Athens, Greece, 24-30 August 2019.
There is an increasing awareness about the prospective and important role of LIS education in directing LIS professional through the changing trends in a rapidly evolving information society. Implementing powerful learning strategies in the LIS discipline academic and practice sectors, resonates with the IFLA president’s theme, “Libraries Motor for Change.” This call to action urges LIS educators to work on their program plans and curricula.
This session’s objective is to provide complementary coverage of new techniques, infrastructure, and academic and professional aspects for LIS future development.
We are particularly interested in proposals which explore these issues:
– The impact of new information technologies on LIS education
– The experiences of LIS educators and their pedagogy for future LIS education and training
– Implementation of e-learning for librarians and library users
– Employer perspectives in using e-learning, e.g. views of human resource managers or supervisors with responsibility for staff development and performance planning and review
Language of the session:
The language of the session is English. However, presenters may also give their talk in any of the IFLA working languages. Simultaneous translation is not guaranteed; therefore, presenters are encouraged to provide the PowerPoint in English to facilitate understanding of the ideas presented.
Proposals should include:
1. Title of proposed presentation
2. An extended structured abstract of the proposed paper of 1,000 words maximum; for information about structured abstracts, see http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/authors/guides/write/abstracts.htm
3. Name(s) of presenter(s)
4. Position or title of presenter(s)
5. Employer or affiliated institution of presenter(s)
6. Email address
7. Telephone/fax numbers
8. Short biographical statement(s) regarding the presenter(s)
Please email your proposals by 28 February to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
28 February 2019: Deadline submission of abstract
30 March 2019: Successful candidates will be notified
31 May 2019: Deadline submission of full text:
Details on the format and length of the final paper will be emailed to those candidates whose abstracts are accepted.
At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a summary of the paper during the program in Athens. Abstracts should only be submitted with the understanding that the expenses of attending the conference will be the responsibility of the author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation letter can be issued to author(s)/presenter(s) of accepted papers.
Congress Participation Grants
List of opportunities for support is available on the Conference Participation Grants webpage.
Please see this and all the IFLA calls for papers on the WLIC website at: https://2019.ifla.org/conference-programme/calls-for-papers/