IFLA's support of post-2015 initiatives
During the last year many initiatives have formed around the post-2015 Development Agenda and IFLA has actively engaged with a number of these.
The Lyon Declaration on Access to Information and Development was launched by IFLA at the World Library and Information Congress in August 2015 in Lyon.
Furthermore, IFLA has also become a signatory to:
- Declaration for the inclusion of culture in the Post-2015 UN Sustainable Development Goals (full Declaration)
IFLA published joint statements with civil society organisations on:
- Demanding a UN post-2015 framework that makes governments more accountable (full statement)
- Access to Information being central to the Post-2015 Development Framework (full statement)
- Welcoming the report by the High Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Recognising the role of Culture to strengthen the UN Post-2015 Development Agenda
Further IFLA statements:
Last update: 7 July 2017