12 December 2014
Call for papers WLIC 2015 - The Challenge of Discovering Science and Technology Information
A major challenge for libraries and librarians world-wide is the ability to identify the most important and relevant science and technology information and data. From discovery tools, metadata, author identifiers or social media, the digital landscape has created unique challenges. Additionally, the ability to hire information professionals who understand these issues has become increasingly difficult.
Papers from all types of libraries are needed that focus on one or more of the following issues:
- Strengths and limitations of discovery tools presently available to locate science and technology articles and data.
- Science and technology taxonomies that provide uniform descriptors.
- Unique researcher identifiers, such as ORCID, within a university or country.
- Collaborations that improve the discovery of science and technology information
- Use of social media to discover authoritative science and technology information.
- Need for information professionals to address science and technology issues worldwide.
The deadline for proposals is March 1, 2015.
For full Call for Papers and more on the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Cape Town please see the conference website