13 January 2020
Human Resources Officer
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for an experienced Human Resources Officer for 16 hours per week to join a dynamic international team undertaking global projects.
IFLA Headquarters is located in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in The Netherlands.
Key areas of Responsibility
The Human Resources Officer will support IFLA management and staff on all HR matters. Working under general managerial direction, they will be required to apply interpretation and independent judgement within their field of knowledge and expertise.
They will carry out the following tasks which have a significant impact on IFLA’s operations:
- Coordinate and support the recruitment process of new staff, in liaison with the appropriate manager(s);
- Work with management and staff to develop HR Policies & Procedures ensuring compliance with best practice / Collective Labour Agreement / Dutch legislation;
- Keep abreast of employment law changes and advise management on required policy and working condition changes;
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance;
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans;
- Coordinate and support the staff performance appraisal process;
- Coordinate and support the training and development plan for staff;
- Undertake other HR-related tasks, as agreed with the Secretary General.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education/background in Human Resources;
- Extensive experience in a similar or related role
- Integrity and accountability;
- Fluent English and Dutch, spoken and in writing;
- Good knowledge of HR policies and procedures, particularly within the context of Dutch legislation and practice;
- Good relationship-building and influencing skills with staff;
- Good administrative and organisational skills, with attention to detail;
- Commitment to participative management practices, workplace diversity and to working effectively in a team environment.
Over the next ten years, IFLA aims to transform the library field and itself through concerted and coordinated efforts at the global, regional, and national level. The ultimate benefit of this work will be seen through better library services helping more people gain literacy skills, improve their education, find employment, and improve their health.
The salary offered is based on a fulltime gross monthly salary of EUR 3660, in line with the Collective Agreement of Public Libraries in The Netherlands. The part-time equivalent for 16 hours per week will be a gross monthly salary of EUR 1,626.67.
You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), an end of year bonus and enjoy 25 days of holidays per year (pro-rata). You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 31 January 2020. Interested candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
How to apply
Please send your CV including a motivation letter addressing the responsibilities and skills required for the position in English to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Human Resources Officer” in the subject line.
NOTE: Only candidates with valid documentation to work in The Netherlands will be considered.