Data for the Development of Libraries: IFLA's Work on Statistics
20 October 2020
IFLA will be represented by Kristine Paberza-Ramiresa, Membership Engagement Officer and Stephen Wyber, Manager, Policy and Advocacy
Libraries play a crucial role in providing access to information to the communities they serve. However, our institutions can also, in turn, benefit from access to information, in order to support planning and advocacy work.
IFLA produces a range of statistics materials designed to help libraries and associations better understand the world around them, gain a clearer view of their own strengths and priorities, and identify areas for advocacy.
To mark World Statistics Day 2020, this webinar presented IFLA's key statistics outputs, in particular our flagship Library Map of the World, as well as the data produced as part of our Development and Access to Information report, and the analyses that these have made possible.
In particular, we will presenti:
- Data from the IFLA Library Map of the World
- Country pages from the IFLA Library Map of the World
- Country analyses from the Development and Access to Information (DA2I) Report
- DA2I Dashboards prepared by our partner, TASCHA
- Our Library Stat of the Week posts
- Guidance on how to get involved in UN 2030 Agenda Voluntary National Review
Watch the recording here.
Last update: 24 October 2020