12 November 2020
Agenda: IFLA Extraordinary General Assembly in Melbourne, Australia
Following the General Assembly on 5 November 2020, IFLA will hold an Extraordinary General Assembly in Melbourne, Australia on 12 February 2021 to decide on the adoption of the new IFLA Statutes.
The Convening Notice for the Assembly was forwarded to Members on 11 November 2020.
Friday 12 February 2021, 08:00 AEDT / 22:00 CET (11 February)
- Opening by the Chair of the General Assembly
- Appointment of Tellers, if applicable
- Establishment of a quorum
- Adoption of the agenda
- Minutes of the previous General Assembly, held in The Hague (the Netherlands) on 5 November 2020
- Address by the President
Amendment of the IFLA Statutes
a) to amend the IFLA Statutes in accordance with the draft deed dated 9 November 2020, drawn up by Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn N.V. in The Hague (the Netherlands). (The Dutch draft IFLA Statutes are at Annex 2; the unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes at Annex 3), and
b) to authorize each member of IFLA's Governing Board, as well as each civil-law notary, assigned civil-law notary, deputy civil-law notary and notarial assistant employed by the aforementioned Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn N.V. each individually to execute the deed of amendment of the IFLA Statutes in accordance with the aforementioned draft of this deed.
Please note: it is not possible to make amendments to the draft of the IFLA Statutes of IFLA. Only non-substantive textual changes can be proposed and adopted.
- Close of the General Assembly
- Proxy form for the General Assembly, held in February 2021
- Dutch draft IFLA Statutes
- Dutch draft IFLA Statutes with comparison to the current IFLA Statutes
- Unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes
- Unofficial English translation draft IFLA Statutes with comparison to the current IFLA Statutes
- Explanatory notes to draft IFLA Statutes
NOTE: If, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to hold the meeting on 12 February in Melbourne, the meeting will be changed to 19 February in Bremen, Germany. If this does not occur, it will be held on 26 February in Athens, Greece.