6 November 2015
Call for Papers - Africa Section Open Forum, WLIC, Ohio, USA, 2016
The IFLA Annual Congress will take place in OHIO, United States of America from 13th -19th August, 2016.
The Congress offers an opportunity to present library research outcomes and innovations in a multi-disciplinary international forum. In line with the theme of the 82nd IFLA WLIC, 2016,
Africa Section chose the theme: Creating an Enabling Environment for Africa: Taking the Cape Town Declaration Forward'.
IFLA Africa Section invites Librarians, Information Scientists and other Stakeholders to submit abstracts (proposals) for papers to be presented during the Africa Section Open Forum Session in OHIO, United States of America (USA).
THEME AND SUB-THEMES
“Creating an Enabling Environment for Africa: Taking the Cape Town Declaration Forward”.
- African Libraries using Multi-media technologies to drive the post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals
- Connecting African Library communities for Development: partnerships and networking
- The Role of African Libraries in Driving the Post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
- The Role of African Libraries in Achieving the Development Agendas.
- African Libraries as Agents of change
- African Libraries Partnering with African Governments in Achieving the Cape Town Declaration, policy issues etc.
- Information Literacy, African libraries and development
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for building a strong African Library Community
The proposal must be the original work of the author(s) and should be written in either English or French. Each abstract must contain:
1. Title of proposed presentation
2. Outline of the proposed presentation (no more than 350 words)
3. Name(s) of presenter(s)
4. Position or title of presenter(s)
5. Presenter(s) employer or affiliated institution
6. Email address, Telephone/fax numbers
7. Short biographical statement of the presenter/s, with digital photograph
Please email ABSTRACTS (Proposals) by NOVEMBER 20, 2016 to:
Secretary, IFLA Africa Section,
Please send a Copy to:
Dr Rosemary Shafack
Chair, IFLA Africa Section
20 November, 2015: Deadline for Submission of Abstract
November 20, 2015: Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
February 20, 2016: Notification of acceptance/rejection of papers
May 20, 2016: Deadline for Submission of Full Papers
All proposals will be evaluated by a refereeing team of the Standing Committee of the IFLA Africa Section
TRAVEL AND COSTS:
Please note that all fees, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc. are the responsibility of the authors of the accepted papers. Presenters are advised to approach their parent organizations for sponsorship.
No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a Special Invitation can be issued to Authors.
For information on the IFLA Africa Section, please see
Secretary, IFLA Africa Section
National University of Science and Technology,
P O Box AC 940,
Tel/Fax: +263 79671
Tel: +263 79693
Mobile: +263 712 203 435