Professional Projects and Funding
Each year, the IFLA Professional Committee approves the funding of a number of projects proposed by the IFLA Professional Units. Applications for funding can only be accepted from the Officers of an IFLA Section, or from the Committee on Standards on behalf of IFLA Standards Review Groups.
Units may also use Admin Funds for defined purposes - a small amount is allocated each year for certain activities connected with administration of the Unit. Read the Guidelines for Admin Funds allocations and reimbursements [PDF] for more details.
Contents of this page:
- Latest call for proposals
- Support materials for funded projects
- Details of projects funded in previous round
Call for proposals 2018
- To apply for PC Project Funds, read the Guide to the Professional Committee Project Fund 2018 [PDF].
- Complete the Action Plan template and Resource Request Form (Word document)
- Read the Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2018 [PDF].
Deadline for submitting project funding applications for 2018 (preliminary deadline):
31 October 2017.
If your project funding request is successful, you will receive details of what the PC has agreed will be funded. The funds allocated to your project cannot be used for purposes other than those approved by the Professional Committee.
All claims for reimbursements from Project Funds must be made before the 31 December of the year of funding.
Support materials for approved projects 2017
To make claims for reimbursements, it is important you read the terms and conditions below and accompany all claims with a completed copy of the IFLA Invoice.
Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2017 [PDF].
- IFLA Invoice claim form for reimbursements [DOC].
All claims for reimbursements from 2017 Project Funds must be made before the 31 December 2017.
Details of funded projects 2017
The PC approved project funding to a number of Units in December 2016 and asked others to revise their request and resubmit. In 2017 the following Units will receive funding and the list will be revised as new projects are approved:
- Open Access to legal knowledge in Francophone Africa (workshop 2017)
Libraries Serving Persons with Disabilities
- A one-day, Arabic-language symposium focused on Egypt as a model for national symposia to promote advocacy for ratification and copyright reform. The Symposium took place on 12 February 2017. See the webpages for the programme and the outcome of the meeting.
- School Libraries
Audiovisual and Multimedia Section
- Toolkit for making short videos.
ISBD Review Group
- Development of the ISBD
- Libraries for Children and Young Adults:
- Library Services to People with Special Needs:
- Literacy and Reading:
- Subject Analysis and Access:
Education and Training
- Understand and promote Quality Assessment of LIS Education and Training
Library Theory and Research
- Section brochure
- Opening up conversation: international competency framework as a tool to fill the gap
- To promote and support development programmes that focus on improved information use, reading and literacy in Africa./Advocate for the endorsement of the Cape Town Declaration & Open Access/Advocacy for IAP, BSLA & new role of Public Libraries & Libraries in development [funding now postponed to 2018].
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Implement a methodology to identify and register information about projects to support the Sustainable Development Goals by libraries from LAC region
All Sections and Special Interest Groups are active and describe their activities in their Unit Action Plan for the current year. If you do not find details of their Action Plan on their web pages, contact the relevant Chair or Convener. Only those activities that have been funded by the Professional Committee are listed above for the information of other Units.
Advice from the Professional Committee on planning a project and applying for PC Project Funds: What your Section can achieve – planning and strategy.
Projects funded by the PC in:
- 2016 [PDF]
- Terms and conditions for PC Project reimbursements in 2016 [PDF]; Project call for funding in 2016 [PDF]
- 2015 [PDF]
- 2014 [PDF]
- 2013 [PDF]
- 2012 [PDF]
- Overview of PC projects ongoing in 2008 [PDF]
Last update: 22 January 2018