World Library and Information Congress:
75th IFLA General Conference and Assembly
"Libraries create futures: Building on
23-27 August 2009, Milan, Italy
Call for Papers for Satellite Meeting
Art Libraries Section
19-20 August 2009
Theme: "Art and History: sharing Sources in International
The IFLA Art Libraries Section
invites you to submit a paper for a presentation on this theme at the
Pre-Conference in Florence 19-20 August.
The conference will be held in four different locations
(institutions) and stress on four different thematic blocs. Every
institution will have the time and the occasion to present its
holdings, activities and projects. Afterwards time will be dedicated to
presentations, conferences and discussions which should refer to a
predefined general thematic line.
The institutions and themes:
- Library of the Uffizi Gallery: “Art libraries and (museum)
- Kunsthistorisches Institut: “Research libraries and art
- Villa I Tatti: “libraries and interdisciplinary
- Biblioteca Marucelliana (in cooperation with Riccardiana and
Laurenziana): “Libraries with historical holdings: local
history and cultural heritage”
The proposals must be submitted in an electronic
format and must contain:
- Title of paper.
- Authors of the paper.
- Abstract or summary of the paper (200-400
- Speaker's info: name, address, professional
affiliation, email address, biographical note (40 words).
- 30 January 2009: Deadline for
submission of proposals and abstracts.
- 1 March 2009: Notification of
acceptance by the Review Committee of the Section.
- 1 May 2009: Deadline for
submission of full text of the paper.
Please submit your proposals to:
Chair of the Section
Secretary of the Section