Content tagged Satellite Meeting papers/presentations
Ordered by publication date from most to less recent.
(These results include any available translations of the original English documents.)
- Library Design for the 21st Century—Collaborative Strategies to Ensure Success
Library design in the 21st century has one common theme: collaboration is at the heart of innovation. Designing modern libraries is a complex process involving many stakeholders and participants....
Publication - 7 January 2019
- Research in the big data era: legal, social and technical approaches to large text and data sets (2014)
Slide presentations from the 2014 joint session in Lyon from ARL, Serials and Other Continuing Resources, and Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM) are now available....
Publication - 1 May 2018
Tags: Academic and Research Libraries, Committee on Copyright and other Legal Matters (CLM), Data management, France, humanities, Serials and Other Continuing Resources, WLIC2014, Satellite Meeting papers/presentations
- Fostering Global Communication Among Religions and Libraries
Relindial and the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) welcomed attendees to a timely discussion on Fostering Global Communication Among Religions and Libraries. A majority of...
Publication - 2 May 2017
- Libraries at the Heart of Dialogue of Cultures and Religions: History, Present, Future
This book is the publication of the proceedings of the Relindial satellite meeting of Paris (2014). From antiquity until the present, libraries have served to witness cultural and...
Publication - 26 May 2016
- Ethical Dilemmas in the Information Society: How Codes of Ethics Help to Find Ethical Solutions
Papers from the IFLA/FAIFE Satellite Meeting 2014 Librarians and other information professionals are often confronted with ethical conflicts and dilemmas at their workplace. Although this...
Publication - 6 February 2015
- The road to information literacy: Librarians as facilitators of learning (2012)
Information literacy is increasingly being recognised as a necessary skill for life, work and citizenship - as well as for academic study - for all of us living in today's information...
Publication - 7 September 2012
- Continuing professional education for the information society (2002)
In the "information society" first qualifications provide no more than a starting point in professional life. The IFLA continuing professional courses reflect the increasing importance...
Publication - 5 December 2011
- Continuing professional development - Preparing for new roles in libraries: a voyage of discovery (2004)
The papers collected in this volume have been selected from the proceedings of the Sixth World Conference on Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning for the Library and...
Publication - 13 February 2011
- Strategies for regenerating the library and information profession (2009)
This volume comprises papers prepared for the 8th World Conference on Continuing Professional Development (Bologna, Italy, 18-20 August 2009). Within the broad theme of creating a positive work...
Publication - 2 September 2009
- Continuing professional development: Pathways to leadership in the library and information world (2007)
A volume from the proceedings of the 7th IFLA World Conference on Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning for the Information Professions, held in Johannesburg, South Africa in...
Publication - 29 April 2009
Tags: Leadership in the library and information professions, Learning objectives, Professional development institutes, Programs and activities, Recruitment and evaluation strategies, South Africa, Structure, Continuing Professional Development and Workplace Learning, Satellite Meeting papers/presentations