Public Libraries Standing Committee - Action Plan - 2016
The Public Libraries Section is very engaged and our Action Plan outlines the key initatives for the Section during the year. Updates on the many projects and events we're involved with can be found on our web page, our Blog and also on Facebook.
Support the sector through the sharing of best practice
- Work with IFLA’s Library Services to Persons With Special Needs and Libraries for Children and Young Adults Sections in the development and revision of Standards and Guidelines
- Continue partnership with the Danish Agency for Culture’s Public Library of the Year Award
Advocate for equitable access to information and knowledge for communities world-wide that supports the democratic process, shared understanding and community well-being
- Monitor, record and share initiatives that support equitable access to information and knowledge
Build capacity for public libraries and public librarians internationally through an agile and engaged Section
- Ensure the delivery of strong and relevant conference programs
- Encourage public librarians to participate in IFLA conferences through the presentation of innovative papers or posters
- Provide mid-term meetings which include a professional development opportunity for local and regional public library colleagues
- Participate in the promoting and sharing information using PLS Social media platforms, web and national networks
The full version of the Public Libraries Standing Committee - Action Plan - 2016 provides more detail.
Last update: 1 July 2016